Monday, January 29, 2007

Wedding Gift Project


Over the holidays I read "Julie and Julia: 365 Days, 524 Recipes, 1 Tiny Apartment Kitchen." I had been dying to read it, but it was always checked out when I went to the library. It was a fun read, just the kind of thing I needed to transition into the new year. Its about cooking, but its really about a project. Taking something on (whatever that may be) and finding meaning in it (whatever that may be).
So while buying a house, getting married, yada yada, are big deals; I kind of wanted a project too. Mine will not involve liver or sweetbreads, but rather showing our family and friends how our life will change in the next year, and how gifts of scrabble or fiestaware will become a part of our new life.
Let's be honest, this may not awaken a newfound sense of myself like Julie & Julia, but I think it will be fun. Besides, who doesn't want a shoutout on Al Gore's information superhighway?

No comments: