Wednesday, January 9, 2008

My top pics for non-fiction books

A couple of years ago, my dear friend Jana shared this crazy book with me. Its about these two guys who go to top name law schools, skip class, get into a lot of trouble, graduate and get jobs; proving that you don't technically have to do that much to be a lawyer. Well really, the book proves these two guys screwed off majorly and lived to tell the tale.

It got me started not on a non-fiction kick, so much as a search for other odd and interesting autobiographies and stories. These are some of my all-time favorites.

The Dirt: Confessions of the World's Most Notorious Rock Band Truly, truly, truly fantastic to reading. Its dirty, its crazy, it will kick start something.
Bringing Down the House: The Inside Story of Six M.I.T. Students Who Took Down Vegas for Millions My friend Peder gave me this as a birthday present-its a great story and I think the basis of a new film coming out soon.
D.V. What a life this woman lead!
Out West: A Journey Through Lewis & Clark’s America My grandmother loaned me this book right around the time I started going out West in the summer. Lovely and funny.
Nickel and Dimed Wow.

No comments: