Sunday, July 13, 2008

Best marinade of all time

Otherwise known as my mom's teriyaki marinade. This is my all time, hands down favorite marinade ever. I primarily do chicken, but for my birthday we did pork tenderloin. I've also done steak, shrimp and I always use it for kebabs. So easy.

Chicken Teriyaki (or whatever meat or veggie you have)
1/4 C oil
1/4 C soy sauce
2T ketchup
1 T vinegar (cider, white or last time I used rice wine)
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1/4 t pepper

Mix together and marinate for at least 2 hours. I usually add some water too to mellow it out or make it go further depending on how much I'm marinating.

My favorite summer menu using this is chicken teriyaki on the grill, Near East rice pilaf, cantaloupe, crusty bread and salad. Eaten outside with a nice glass of white wine, nothing better.

No comments: