Friday, February 20, 2009

What I Wore

Did you know there is an entire legion of people who chronicle what they wear each day or something close to it? This week Jennifer suggested my work style would qualify. And being a person who can take a compliment, loves clothing and enjoys new projects, I went full bore into researching this phenomenon.


I have read The Sartorialist off and on, though I haven't been reading it lately. Though fashion-focused and full of ideas, its a different bird altogether because he is taking pictures of other people on the street. For example:
So with Jennifer's help and a little research, I found these What I Wore bloggers. Even though some of their styles don't match up with mine, I've found plenty of inspiration for my own wardrobe.
Academichic-Three feminist PhD candidates at a Midwest university, on a crusade against the ill-fitting polyester suit of academic yore. Their style(s) hews closest to my own.
Newlywedisms by Brynn-her blog seems most like mine.
Love Maegan-Very LA
Strawberry Kitten-not my style, but fun. And she posts in German and English!
What I Wore-High fashion fun. Love her style.
Nubby Twiglet-check out those red boots!
And one dude, who seems to be doing it to make a little moula...somehow.

Very inspiring and begs the question, how did these people figure how to take their own pictures? I know how to set the self-timer on my camera, but getting the right distance/lighting/height seems near impossible.

I'm going to give it a try, but definitely not on a daily basis! I think it would be fun to track what I wear, if nothing else for my own edification. What do you guys think?

Photos are from the blogs linked at left.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I'm so excited for you to do this!

Jessica Quirk said...

Hi!! Its Jessica from What I Wore... I use a tripod and a timer for indoor shots and a park bench + timer for outdoors.

:)