Monday, April 6, 2009

The Murtaugh List

In July I'll be coming round to one of those birthdays that ends in a zero, and for all intents and purposes, zero-ending birthdays seem to make you want to take stock of your life. Which is why last week's episode of How I Met Your Mother was so fitting. Here's a really good recap if you don't watch the show.

The Murtaugh List is the all the things you are too old to do once you reach a certain age, for example. My own personal list includes:

Buying cheap shoes
Happy hour + closing the bar on the same night
Concerts where I can't sit or lean on a table
Putting off oil changes and dentists appointments
Ignoring parking tickets
Low rise jeans
Waiting in line to get into a bar
Any of the dating shows on VH1 (I make the exception for Rock of Love)

No comments: