Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Library Thing Book Recommendations

I found a super cool book suggestion tool yesterday and it made my day. Similar to Goodreads and Shelfari, Library Thing is a book sharing community and its suggestion tool is just like the iTunes Genius Bar. Pop in a favorite book and get 20+ similar recommendations.I put in one my favorites, Prodigal Summer by Barbara Kingsolver, and got these suggestions:

Pigs in Heaven by Barbara Kingsolver*
The Bean Trees: A Novel by Barbara Kingsolver*
Animal Dreams by Barbara Kingsolver*
The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver*
The Rosewood Casket by Sharyn McCrumb
She Walks These Hills by Sharyn McCrumb
A Map of The World by Jane Hamilton
The Ballad of Frankie Silver by Sharyn McCrumb
Bel Canto by Ann Patchett*
Three Junes by Julia Glass*
Ghost Riders by Sharyn McCrumb
Way Out in the Desert by T. J. Marsh
Seasons of the Coyote: The Legend and Lore of an American Icon by Philip L. Harrison
Clay's Quilt by Silas House
Serena: A Novel by Ron Rash
Timesong by Bill Branon
The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd*
The Dollmaker by Harriette Simpson Arnow
The Red Tent by Anita Diamant
Night Comes to the Cumberlands: A Biography of a Depressed Area by Harry M. Caudill

I starred the ones I've read, but certainly seems like I need to check out Sharyn McCrumb, huh?

3 comments:

camby said...

oooh, and read "the red tent" too!

MsAmanda said...

I've had it on my bookshelf for a good 5+ years and I can't figure out why I don't ever pick it up.

beartifix said...

Thanks for the tip - I'll have to try it out! I am a fan of Kingsolver, too.