Monday, June 29, 2009

Food on the Fridge

I used to pride myself on my memory, but lordy has is left me in the last few years. I try to plan my meals out for the week and before the kitchen was redone, I had been posting them on a white board. That board no longer fits and beyond writing out meals, in truth I need help remembering what is in my fridge in general.

To help reduce spoilage and major brain fatigue caused by trying to come up with something to make after a long day, I covered our fridge in chalkboard contact paper. It was exceedingly easy to do, and isn't permanent in any way. I'm such a visual person and this helps me plan meals based on what I have, not what I think I need to get at the store.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Cool! Where did you get the chalkboard contact paper? I've heard of the paint, but this is brand new to me.

camby said...

I like it!

MsAmanda said...

I knew I wanted something chalkboard, but since we have textured walls I didn't think that would work.

I just did a search on Apartment Therapy and someone had recommended it. It was so easy!