Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy Fourth!

After watching the John Adams miniseries last spring, the birth of our nation seems totally and completely different to me now. The fighting, the loyalties to different European countries, the fighting, the cowardice, the bravery, the fighting and the heat. Oh, the heat. I've basically been telling everyone I know to watch it for over a year, now I kind of want to watch it again.Another good Fourth of July movie is 1776, which we watched a few months ago. It focuses specifically on the signing of the Declaration of Independence and what it took to get the colonies there. And it stars Mr. Feany from Boy Meets World as John Adams!

You don't have to be a history buff to enjoy these stories and I promise, they will provide a far more realistic view of the birth (rise) of our nation than any high school textbook. Happy Fourth!

Photos from here and here.

No comments: