Thursday, August 13, 2009

New Iowa State Fair Foods and the Nadas.

All foods-on-a-stick and new foods for 2009:

  • Chocolate-dipped cake on-a-stick
  • Chicken club on-a-stick
  • Buffalo chicken on-a-stick
  • Frozen s’more on-a-stick
  • Chocolate-covered peanut butter round on-a-stick
  • Chocolate-covered key lime round on-a-stick
  • Carmellows on-a-stick
  • Pretzel rods dipped in caramel or chocolate
  • Sandwich: a double-meat-wrapped PickleDawg on a hot dog bun
  • Katy-Dawg: a combination regular hot dog and a Pickle Dawg
  • Pyro Pickle: a fiery PickleDawg garnished with jalapenos and hot pepper seasoning
  • Blue Ribbon Berries
  • Tom Thumb Mini Donuts
  • Pulled Turkey Sandwich
Great, great, I may try one of the chocolate-covered things on a stick, but my all time favorite is fried pickles from Vegi-Table. They are the bomb. Anthony introduced me to them.

I also love cheese curds (the ones by the Triangle). I haven't found a good replacement for my favorite Minnesota State Fair treats-hand cut fresh french fries and Sweet Martha's cookies. I don't love the chocolate chip cookies at the Iowa State Fair-Sweet Martha's are better.

Tonight is my state fair night-I like to go one of the first one to three days. Its still clean and people are still excited to be at the fair. Plus, its the Nadas at the AE stage tonight!

Photos from here and here.

1 comment:

camby said...

oooh, have fun! i can't wait for ours to start!