Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Peaks Island, Maine

So the only day I took pictures during our vacation (beyond group shots with my high school pals) was the day we spent in Portland. The other days I was too busy playing find the baby under the Delgado's kitchen island with Quinn (a pretend game of course!), fishing with Gavin (pretend again), driving, eating, celebrating and taking Mrs. Todd's shortcut to Mt. Monandnock.

Our day in Portland was the perfect way to start a vacation--bright sunny skies, low 80s with no humidity. My cousin Duncan, Anthony and I took the ferry from Old Port to Peaks Island, one of the island in the Casco Bay.


Once we got there we rented bikes so we could tour the 2 miles by 1 mile island. Anthony and I rented a tandem, which was fun and something we hadn't done before. Sorry friends, no pictures.




We stopped at two points. One cove with a rocky beach that overlooked the Atlantic and another chock full of rock tower/sculptures (these wouldn't be cairns, would they?) and lots of horizontal rocks for creating your own masterpiece.


Island life, isn't it quaint.




Afterwards we relaxed at the beach, took a chilly dip in the Atlantic and hopped the ferry back for a seafood dinner with my Aunt Linda, Uncle Doug and Duncan's wife Amy.

No comments: