Sunday, February 1, 2009

They Don't Call Him the Boss for Nothing

Besides the puppybowl, I'm most looking forward to seeing Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band perform at the Superbowl Halftime for the first time ever. He's been one of my all time favorite artists ever since I heard Born in the USA at my Aunt Carol's house circa 1985 or 1986. It was my first tape and I not only wore it out, but it also drove my mother so crazy listening to it over and over again that she bought me a Billy Joel tape so I would have something else to listen to. While I skipped the Tom Joad period (being in high school and all), he's always been in rotation and the Seeger sessions CDs are a favorite in our house, especially when entertaining.

Last night we picked up his new CD Working on a Dream, and we've been listening to it all morning while getting ready to have people over tonight. Someone I work with told me about the press conference he gave about playing the half time show. It went something like this:

Reporter: "Who decides which songs will be played?"
The Boss: "The Boss, of course."

Classic. Can't wait to hear which songs they play. Photos from Entertainment Weekly and brucespringsteen.net.

No comments: